Extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest fat on earth. Yes! That is true, and this is based on facts. All these facts are scientifically and historically proven. Want to know how and what makes it the healthiest fat on earth?
If yes, then you are exactly at the right place. I am going to gather some important key facts, scientific data and historical background that can help you to understand this topic.
Olive oil’s history dates back to 6000 BC. This oil has been around for thousands of years and is all due to its heat stability. In 2014, some archaeologists found several clay vessels remains that contained the olive oil back in their time, which probably was thousands of years ago.
Many recent researches have also found the traces of the olive oil trade and its use in medicines in Greece, Spain and Italy.
Differences Between EVOO and its Other Varities
It is important to know the differences between extra virgin olive oil, also known as EVOO, and other olive oil varieties to better understand the topic.
Some of these differences are given below:
- Extra virgin olive oil is obtained by cold pressing, while refined olive oils are obtained by hot pressing along with the use of solvents and chemicals. This makes EVOO pure and of the highest quality
- Extra virgin olive oil is rich in polyphenolic compounds, while refined olive oil loses many of them
- Extra virgin olive oil does not undergo any nutrient loss during its production, while refined olive oil loses its flavor and color along with many nutrients
- Refined olive oil is almost tasteless, while extra virgin olive oil is rich in flavor in a harmonious balance which persists in mouth for some time.
Why Olive Oil is the Healthiest Fat?
Now, it’s time to look at the nutrition facts which proves that extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest fat on earth.
100ml of extra virgin olive oil provides 884 Kcal with 0 carbohydrates and proteins. It provides 100 g of fat mainly of which is monounsaturated fat along with saturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids. The prominent monounsaturated fatty acid is oleic acid.
Under its vitamin’s section, it contains 75% vitamin K and 72% vitamin E.
Perhaps, the most interesting thing about EVOO that makes it extraordinary among all other oils and fats in the world is the presence of the widest range of phenolic compounds. It includes lignans, flavonoids, phenolic acids and tyrosols. These compounds are the reason behind oxidative stability and additional health benefits of EVOO. Two polyphenols, oleocanthal and oleuropein give this oil an anti- inflammatory properties.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Health Beneﬁts
Extra virgin olive health has phenomenal health benefits that are not collectively possessed by any other oil on earth. Scientists show a complete census to these health benefits without any clash, and unanimous research on its positive impacts shows that this oil is good for you.
Let’s have a look at some of its benefits:
- It’s oxidative stability makes it perfect for cooking. After performing many tests and heating EVOO at 240°C for more than 6 hours, it only produced less than 0.2% trans fats. This means that it doesn’t become carcinogenic upon heating.
- It’s healthy fatty acid profile like oleic acid can protect from cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes.
- Polyphenols help the body, strengthen its immune system.
- It improves the endothelial functions and prevents blood clotting.
- It also plays important role in minimizing blood pressure issues.
As you have seen now that extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest fat on earth because it provides much more than any other oil. Its nutritional profile is rich and healthy. In order to get full benefit from this oil it is important to buy only pure oil. You will fail to get the full advantage from this healthy oil if you get the low quality product. So why not only go for the right shop and make a visit to the Spanish oil.
Our shop not only provides pure products, but also fresh ones harvested and shipped directly from Spain. Let’s go and try some of our healthy products.