Officially standardized glasses for tasting olive oil
The blue olive oil tasting glass is standardized according to the International Olive Council standard and is always used by experts when testing olive oil.
Olive oil test and tasting glass
If you are an enthusiastic olive oil lover, you should not miss the opportunity to take part in an olive oil tasting during your next holiday in Spain. Go to Navarre, contact us. We are in contact with various oil mills that offer this event. But even if you are not allowed to test a fresh olive oil on site, you don't have to miss out on this special experience.
If you have purchased a high-quality olive oil, you should also get a few olive oil test glasses buy it and you're good to go. If only one person in the family is testing, one tasting glass is perfectly adequate. However, if you want to organize a test evening with friends, you should buy as many olive oil test jars as you expect participants to have.
Warum Olivenöl-Testgläser kaufen?
Of course you can also do an olive oil tasting at home from wine glasses, whiskey mugs or even beer tulips. However, it then becomes much more difficult to discover the diverse aromas of a first-class olive oil. Because both the color and the shape of the tasting glasses serve a purpose:
- Olive oil test glasses are blue so that you are not influenced by the color of the olive oil.
- Olive oil tasting glasses are low and bulbous so that you can warm the glass in one hand and the aromas can unfold perfectly.
- Because the tasting glasses are standardized, each participant has the same chance to sniff the wonderful aromas.
Difference: tasting glasses and whiskey tumblers
In terms of size and shape, the whiskey tumbler is most similar to the tasting glass because both glasses are very low. Nevertheless, the whiskey tumbler cannot be equated with an official olive oil test glass, because:
- Whiskey tumblers are usually transparent. Tasting glasses are blue.
- Whiskey goblets are as wide as possible. Olive oil test glasses are only wide enough to be fully enclosed in one hand.
- Whiskey tumblers are straight or conical: wider at the top than at the bottom. Tasting glasses are bulbous and slightly narrower at the top than at the bottom.
Buy olive oil test glasses for home tasting
If you want to carry out your olive oil tasting at home as professionally as possible, you should buy the olive oil test glasses. It doesn't matter whether you are an olive oil connoisseur or a layman. Because our tasting glasses, which are standardized according to the standards of the International Olive Oil Council, create the same conditions for everyone.
How about a little olive oil party? When your next packet of spanish-oil arrives, why not invite a few friends over to test it! Whether educational, serious and interesting or spiced up with a little humor, with our official test glasses, the olive oil tasting at home will definitely be a complete success.