As the name says, the vinegar consists of wine. Red vinegar is obtained from red grapes and white vinegar from white grapes. As the only vinegar, the vinegar is subject to the wine law and is always a vinegar. While the red vinegar tastes rather herb and spicy, the white vinegar refines the salad marinade with a mild, aromatic acid.
Weinessig must have at least one acid content of 6 percent. Its residual alcohol content may be up to 0.5 volume percent. Sherry vinegar, which is also counted as vinegars, has a minimum proportion of 7 percent acid.
Warning: Breeding is NOT one of the vinegars. It is not obtained from wine, but from dilute, distilled alcohol. In contrast to the vinegar, this vinegar, available in the supermarket as very inexpensive, is free from aromas. He just tastes sour. A genuine, high-quality vinegar, however, as you can expect it in our assortment, has unique aromas as well as a first-class wine.
What is the difference: Weinessig vs. Apple vinegar vs. Balsamico vinegar
Since with a high-quality vinegar almost every dish can be refined, it is actually a must in the kitchen of every housewife who cooks her loved ones from time to time. However, in order to refine any food to its optimum, besides the bottle of high quality wine vinegars you should also have a bottle of apple cider vinegar and a balsamico vinegar at home. Because every vinegar has its own peculiarities:
- Starting product: white wine or red wine
- Taste: spicy and hearty, with the typical aromas of grape variety. The longer the high-quality vinegar was allowed to store, the more mild and rich in aroma. White-white is usually a bit milder than red-white
- Color: white or red
- Fits: White vinegar fits wonderfully with light sauces, fish, leaf salad or bright marinades. Red-white complements the dark sauce, fits with wild and dark marinades.
- Starting product: apples or apple must
- Taste: aromatic, with the typical taste of fresh apel. Fruity is usually a bit milder than vinegar
- Color: white
- Watch: Fresh salads and vegetables can be seasoned with apple cider vinegar. The fruity vinegar also gives an extravagant touch.
- Starting product: grape must
- Taste: sweet and acidic at the same time, with the herb aroma of the different barrels in which it was stored. The longer the Balsamico was allowed to store, the milder and more aromatic it becomes. Balsamico vinegar tastes even milder than fruit vinegar.
- Color: anthracite, almost black
- Fits: From the unusual aperitif, the dark roast sauce to the fruit salad or the chocolate ice cream, the sweetish-saure balsame vinegar gives many dishes a very special finish.
Is Weinessig healthy?
Due to its natural fermentation process, Weinessig is not only a natural product, but can also come up with some healthy properties. In general, both the cider vinegar and the balsamico vinegar and also the vinegar have health-promoting ingredients. While the much praised apple cider vinegar also offers the vitamins contained in the apple, the vinegar scores with a higher proportion of healthy acetic acid.
Studies show that acetic acid can contribute to lowering blood fat levels. This helps prevent heart attack.
In certain cases, acetic acid also supports the reduction of blood sugar and thus naturally promotes blood sugar regulation.
Acetic acid not only stimulates the saliva flow in the mouth, but also promotes the production of the digestive juices, which helps to stimulate the digestion. Therefore, even top chefs as aperitif like a glass of vinegar.
By the antiseptic action of acetic acid, vinegar was used earlier even as a disinfectant. Even today, he is regarded as a home remedy for throat pain (gels) in many people, or as a hair rinse it provides a shiny, healthy hair.
Quality Differences in Weinessig
Every wine drinker knows that there are very great quality differences in the wine. At Weinessig, that's the same. Set yourself up according to the rule of thumb: the better the starting product, the better the end product. This means that the high quality of the wine and grape varieties from which the vinegar was fermented or fermented, the higher the vinegar is.
As with a good wine, you can also notice a wonderful, aromatic and fresh bouquet during the finished vinegar. In addition, the longer the vinegar is allowed to ripen, the better on the one hand its aromas can develop. At the same time, the acute acid decreases during storage.
A high-quality Spanish wine vinegar, made from first-class Spanish grapes, can therefore be called delicacies. Try it out! Decide for a lace vinegar from our assortment and set up your dishes with a fresh, slightly acidic taste nuance!