Olive Oil Castillo de Canena Demeter Biodynamic
The world is changing day by day and we are updating and upgrading our overall systems with this change. We are all aware now that how chemical fertilizers and sprays on our fields are harming the human health. With more advancements in the field of science and research, we have found that there is no alternative of nature and natural products.
For instance, if we look at olive oil and other synthetic fortified oils, then we will only give our vote to natural olive oil which is rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids and high density lipoproteins. Similarly the methods used to obtain these natural products also matter a lot. If we add artificial fertilizers for growth, then the product will have different aroma, taste and composition as compared to the products nourished and raised using natural things like manure.
Tasting note of Castillo de Canena Demeter Biodinámico olive oil
Notes of recently cut grass and vegetables give this oil a lively, fresh and expressive character. Artichokes, lettuce and olive leaves are the first aromas to appear, after which come fresh fruit, including apple and green banana, along with the tomato plant.
The bitterness and spice are intense, with hints of thistle, artichoke and persimmon. The initial taste lingers long.
Between Science and Faith
Very good fruit can grow from natural approaches and methods. A famous Italian poet has said,/p>
“ From diamonds, nothing is born. From manure, flowers are born”
And our famous Spanish company, Castillo de Canena has rightly implemented upon this line by adopting biodynamic farming methods. Biodynamic agriculture involves all those methods that prevent the use of synthetic chemicals and adds more organic fertilizers. This approach focuses on the origin and type of fertilizer and its composition.
Biodynamic Agriculture and Certifications
Biodynamic agriculture is a holistic, ethical and ecological approach. Castiloo de Canena has succeeded in turning their farming methods towards this approach in 2010. Their main production aim is to develop a harmonic balance between their economic activity and the natural environment they inhabit.
Demeter is the largest international organization that gives the certificates after testing and verification to all those farms that imply with the biodynamic agricultural methods. Castillo de Canena is a well known certificate holder of this company. Along with Demeter Certification, they also have Water Footprint and Carbon Footprint with DNV and the EPD (Environmental Product Declaration).
Biodynamic Olive Farms
Now, when it comes to the biodynamic farms, you will observe a totally different environment as compared to other farms where chemical fertilizers are used. You should have to take a brief look first at the main changes in our Castillo de Canena biodynamic farms to acknowledge yourself about the nature’s love and purity. After observing these aspects you will definitely like to buy pure products over those produced via the use of synthetic fertilizers.
- Maximum energy is utilized that comes from re-newable energy resources
- Various bird species and their nests have been reintroduced in the farm to aid in the build of an expression ‘Living olive groves’
- Various natural aromatic herbs, bushes and Iberian trees are planted to make the environment healthier and natural for olives’ growth
- Sheep herd is kept at the farm to get the manure. Manure is then mixed with old tee twigs, leaves and bushes to prepare the natural fertilizer. This fertilizer is then added to tree roots instead of chemical fertilizers
- Castillo de Canena is focusing on converting its olive tree farm into more like a forest by introducing honey bee hives and other such things to maintain the undergrowth by grazing. The purpose is to obtain the olive oil extracted from such olive fruits which are nourished and matured under pure natural environment
Characteristics of Olive Oil Demeter Biodynamic
Olive oil comes in various varieties, flavors and colors. The purest out them all is the extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil extracted at Castiloo de Canena is free from any chemicals or products that will be harmful for human health. The less the product is passed through any industrial procedure, the more healthier and pure it will be.
The main characteristic of pure olive oil is its fresh color, aroma and pungent taste. When olives are grown in natural, organic environment, then they develop a very refreshing and revitalizing structure full of aroma and flavor. This property is almost negligible in olives grown at synthetic farms.
Some health benefits of this healthy and pure olive oil are given below:
- It is rich in antioxidants, polyphenol content and vitamin E. This property slows down the aging process of body cells
- It is rich in HDL, high density lipoproteins which aids in lowering the blood cholesterol level and LDL
- It greatly helps in fighting against the development of various types of cancer
- The risk of diabetes 2 is greatly reduced by its daily consumption
- Olecanthal components in olive oil have anti-inflammatory properties
- Massage of this oil strengthens the hair, repair the damaged skin and improves intestinal functions
Nothing is better than pure product. Olive oil is all in all a very healthy option and if it is coming from the biodynamic farms like those of Castillo de Canena then it is the best option over any other oil in the world. You can blindly trust Castillo de Canena because they own the tag of Demeter. Taking care of their environment and customer’s needs is their main aim. Give our product a try and you will never forget what purity tastes like.